Pagine

Wednesday 19 June 2013

"Anything that can go wrong, will go wrong"

Who doesn't know Murphy's law?

I was thinking about it two days ago, while I was performing SPR experiments in the lab.

When you're on the verge of achieving your goal, something starts going wrong or not working...

This is my situation at the moment...I have only few experiments to run, but the instrument is not behaving itself! It's like a child, you have to talk to it, to stroke and cuddle it, tell it that it's good, everything will be fine if it gives you good results...otherwise you'll head-butt it.

At the end of the day you start to ask yourself if you're sick, mad, crazy or something else...

If there was a TV camera in the lab, recording me, I think I would be put away in a madhouse :)

Apart from that...I've started to write down words that I don't know and I read on tv subtitles...I've written at least one hundred words and I haven't learnt any of them. I'm so goooood!

I will never speak English properly, this is the truth! :(

No comments:

Post a Comment